Saturday, October 23, 2010

[Bower Power] From Brassy To Classy

For all those who do not believe that God loves you, I can attest that there is the evidence.  It is called spraypaint.  Spraypaint had to be sent down from heaven above.  It is also surprising mere men.  And your message for us mortals easy is that the reforms are possible (with conditions and a well ventilated area).

Let me now go out from behind the pulpit, my dear Tinklers and Throttlers and tell you all about how can a little Krylon bright white spraypaint took my recent lamps goodwill of brassy to elegant.  

  I found these two beauties for $ 7 a piece in my local goodwill and sat long and hard in a Chair videogamers disgustingly dirty wondering how I could use them.  Most people would walk right.  After all, they are ill-fitting floral tones.  Floral tones that Brown had a substance not identifiable on them.  Yum.And brass colored sides were oh-so-brilliant … bright enough to reflect poor fluorescent lighting and burn holes in their retinas.But I knew that the cheap imitations brass lamps were a great shape … like trophys to win the Kentucky Derby … which strangely had always been a dream of mine and a coat of spraypaint could turn them into something beautiful. in addition, you have to love a light with a bit of meat to it.  

  But Katie, where would you put them? 

In our living room of course!  Our previous lighting situation was a-OK. cylindrical silver lamps we had there were tough, they worked and matched our towers surround toned silver that hide behind them BUT they were a little high.  And they were a bit modern male and for my taste.  But the pickers can't be demanding.

  Oh sure that makes no sense unless you know that I picked them FROM THE TRASH this is correct.  I'm such a slam on the brakes-type swerves to trash piles and has no shame surpassed ankles elbows in a huge dumpster find treasures.Raise your hand if you are a too … don't be ashamed.We are all friends here These giveaways we caught., cleaned and added target modified drum shades up to our living room.

  Here is a picture of oldie from during the summer (when our hydrangeas were in bloom) showing lamps closely.  I think they work well in our basement.  After all, are not bilges should be a little more manly than living rooms? or is that just me doing something now to justify my new lamps? 

  Ok …  Now for the new:

I used a can of white spraypaint Krylon briliant to cover them from head to toe, and then use the same shades as before.I love em. I really love them. the only thing now is ...I really wish they look a little brighter.Anyone have any experience with using lacquer spraypaint over regular spraypaint brilliant?Does he look extra bright?Because that is the look I am going. extra bright.And I prefer to spray them …I don't want to mess with brushes.

In addition, you can see in figure above that my laptop is out on the couch. Yup … that is a little nugget to you about how Bower Power is created. I sit there this side of the sofa, sustain my feet up and blog that my little brains out. granted, traded chocolate covered bacon bits for a glass of water and cleared out endless junk heap from the table … but the fact remains ... that is the birthplace of ABP. the left side of the sofa:)

So that's it for today folks. If you want to connect to your favorite spraypaint projects ...I'd love to see in! Or you could just tell me where you blog … or if you're a trashpicker … or if you like my lamps Kentucky Derby. Seriously …Don't that make the term ' trophy wives ' makes much more sense now?!?

Share on FacebookRelated Posts with Thumbnails

Building A House

No comments:

Post a Comment