Sunday, October 24, 2010

[When 2 become 1] Traditional vs digital scrapbooks scrapbooks

I have a dilemma. Not a moral dilemma, not an ethical dilemma, but a creative dilemma.

I've been scrapbooking possessed scrapbooking supplies since some time in school and began in four different scrapbooks. None of them are completed.They are not even half done. but the pages that are made, and these pages are beautiful and fun and show my creative side barely-there.

So, here is where I am.

Albums of 8 years + 4 + 34 pages completed = a discouraged wannabe-scrapbooker

Being a student of mass communication which is surrounded by graphic design at work and also like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, I was tempted to turn to digital scrapbooking.I know, I know. These are the words of evil for all traditional stubborn creative scrapbookers,. But Sarah over at Clover Lane has convinced me that I need to make the switch to digital scrapbooking because it is faster, easier and painless. I mean, just check out their great digital scrapbook pages. I am totally in love with them.

She leaves blank spots to paste invites us, menus, tickets, programmes, etc.

They are not big? they look just like real scrapbook pages ... I'm totally the shift to digital scrapbooking. So I got out my four albums because I wanted to finish those before I made the switch and started to look to see how many pages I had left.Here are some of my favorite pages.

Senior Year of high school

Study abroad in Spain

A year with Ryan

They are not beautiful? OK, so no, I'm not switching to digital scrapbooking.I love these pages and do this forever.

No I don't.

Yes, I do.

No I don't.

Yes, I do.

See my dilemma?I want to do a until I look the other then convinced until I look back, the other option. I just don't know what to do.

Then turned to the left side of the brain and did what my dad always made me do as a kid. I made a list of what I like about each type of scrapbooking.

Traditional Scrapbooking

I love how the pages are 3-d and you can add any memorabilia to them, where as digital scrapbooks have no size and appearance books. image kid They are fun to do when I have time and supplies. There are many options for paper, cards, Ribbon, accents, etc.

Digital scrapbooking

Digital scrapbooks are faster and I could end tons of pages in minutes. Probably cheaper, although you have to pay to get the most beautiful and downloads for the book. Easier printed make changes if you mess up, unlike when you paste something wrong or writes the wrong date on traditional scrapbooks you have to start over.

So help me what should I do? make the switch or suck it and dedicate one night per week for scrapbooking. what you do? you are the traditional scrapbooker or you made the switch to the 21st century and go digital? I feel that this is a big decision in my life and I just can't make the wrong choice!

I shared this post at:

Me And My Bucket

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Building A House

No comments:

Post a Comment