Wednesday, October 27, 2010

[Doing this Home] A conclusion: Our switch to simplicity

How many of you, I'm discovering as a simpler life perspective is to do everything in my life happier.  It's all about your attitude.  I believe that slowing makes you more aware and grateful.

Ready for a flashback?

 Was us. married one year, working both work all the time, every day and every minute ...Save a camp obvious to take this photo!  And boy were we are learning.  

 People crankiest and unhappiest I know always incredible were workaholics.Perhaps not all workaholics are like this I just know that some people I had been around never seemed happy.  They never had enough. An airplane, a huge huge House, cars, vacation month international season passes to all regular dinners with the best restaurants in town and there is constant happiness.

Now don't misunderstand me.These people were very good folks, and I think they all had in mind only the best.Sometimes you can get in a rut of needing more. you cannot be happy until you get the next thing, and when you get to this thing, you are already saying, "well we will be happy when we can start ..."

A man told me that after five years of marriage, would be exactly like Martin and I would become .i think he was referring to the constant fight between him and his wife. I interpreted your comment as a constant reference unhappiness and busyness that both experienced.

Some months later, Martin and I hit the breaks. Wanted joy.

We both quit our jobs.

We cancelled our concession.

We moved.

The idea of Germany entered our minds.

Martin had a dream to work in renewable energy (which is now working!) and I had a dream of becoming something more — something that was not measured by the number of hours could log on to an Office.

And this is how we got where we are today, and we couldn't be happier to that decision the feels so long ago.

There was a time when you decided to change its direction? how do you turn toward simplicity more in your life?


Building A House

No comments:

Post a Comment